Phillips 66 Terminal Supervisor in Linden, New Jersey
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Terminal Supervisor will be responsible for the Tremley Point Terminal. The position will travel up to 5% of the time. The Terminal Supervisor is accountable for coordinating, directing and supervising the safe and efficient operations of terminal equipment to ensure minimum interruptions to service. The position organizes maintenance schedules, plans the implementation of preventative and corrective maintenance of the terminal equipment; develops and assigns teams to complete tasks within specified time, cost and quality limits: ensures adherence to company policies and procedures; monitors maintenance and operating performance of the terminal equipment; prepares work orders, cost estimates and prepares and presents operational and statistical reports concerning the terminal system.
The incumbent demonstrates strong leadership, sound interpersonal and technical skills in supervising and coordination the activities of terminal personal and providing oversight to contractors. The position interfaces internally with Marketing, Commercial, Engineering, Refining and HSE and externally with suppliers and customers, contractors, industry personnel and regulatory compliance personnel. The position is responsible for the general safety and operability of the terminal equipment and is the key operative in assessing and initiating primary emergency response actions and any subsequent engagement of the emergency response team required. Assist with subordinate goal-setting, performance reviews, career development, development of departmental strategies and objectives, short and long-term budget and manpower planning.
Responsibilities may include :
- Managing assets of terminal equipment-assurance of the integrity of the terminal equipment which results in acknowledgement from stakeholders of meeting corporate responsibilities.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the Operators Manual, Maintenance & reliability Plan, Asset & Operating Integrity Plan and Emergency Response Manual.
- Developing plans for coordinating activities of the terminal system to regulate and measure flow of refined products from point of origin to distribution points.
- Supervising activities of personnel engaged in inspection and operation of terminal equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization and authorizes repairs when necessary.
- Supervising and coordinating scheduling, measuring, transmission and maintenance activities to ensure efficient operations of terminal to minimize losses.
- Supervising activities concerned with installation, testing and maintenance of control, monitoring and measurement equipment such as SCADA system, pressure switches, thermostats and specialized metering devices in system, as well as custody proving.
- Ensuring compliance with recognized engineering standards, codes, regulatory permits and adoption of appropriate best practices and company policies.
- Assisting with updating all procedures required for pipeline and terminal operations to carry out responsibilities as designated under all applicable sales contracts.
- Providing assistance to ensure all disputes on measurement and /or quality are satisfactorily resolved in a timely manner.
- Planning and coordinating the repair and maintenance work on terminal equipment to minimize downtime and disruptions.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED
- 18 years or older
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- 5 or more years of direct experience with terminal equipment and facilities
- 2 or more years of direct experience with DOT & USCG regulations
- 2 or more years of experience with lock out tag out and hot work permits
- Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
To walk, stoop, stand, sit, climb and carry materials on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
To climb to the top of tanks and other assets
To work outside in harsh weather conditions
To raise and transport articles weighing up to 50 pounds
To work alone a high percentage of time
To travel up to 5% of the time
Currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/whatwedo/layers/twic/index.shtm
- Associate’s Degree or higher in a technical related filed
- Computer proficient with Excel, Word and SAP
- 2 or more years of experience with excavation permits, critical lifts and line locates
- 2 or more years in a supervisory roleTerminal experience within the New York Harbor area
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Supv: Adaptability—Readily Adapt
- Supv: Building Collaborative Relationships—Relate Well To Others
- Supv: Communication—Communicate Effectively
- Supv: Results Orientation—Show Initiative
- Supv: Strategic Thinking—Understand Strategies
- Supv: Talent Enhancement—Develop And Retain Talent
- Supv: Judgment—Analyze Issues And Solve Problems
Pipelines and Terminals
At December 31, 2015, our Transportation business managed over 18,000 miles of crude oil, natural gas, NGL and petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States, including those partially owned or operated by affiliates. We owned or operated 39 finished product terminals, 37 storage locations, 5 LPG terminals, 16 crude oil terminals and 1 petroleum coke exporting facility.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of July 25, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 38104
Location: United States - New Jersey - Linden
Job Field: Operations