Phillips 66 Terminal Operator in Missoula, Montana
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Terminal Operator is responsible for providing support for operations by maintaining and operating equipment and processes at our Missoula Montana Midstream Terminal. The role will participate as an integral team member and will be a key contributor to the organization from a support capacity. The Terminal Operator will perform duties in support of the safe operation of a large products terminal, which includes truck and railcar loading and off-loading, tank farm operations, and pipeline receipts.
Responsibilities may include :
- Ensuring quality and quantity of refined products and/or crude oils
- Identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely completion of all required paperwork
- Staying abreast of changes in operation requirements, policies and processes
- Performing operational duties in accordance with the Terminal Operating and Procedures and Site Specific Procedures
- Compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures
- Responding to emergencies, maintaining emergency equipment and participating in emergency response training and exercises
- Completing mandated safety and regulatory training (computer-based & instructor led training)
- Monitoring controls and establishing valve line-ups for pipeline delivery and receipts
- Maintaining effective and professional relationships with customers and responding promptly to their needs
- Performing environmental and regulatory checks (eliminating, containing and reporting all product seeps and spills)
- Performing security and equipment facility rounds; minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions
- Assisting with new employee training
- Completing daily, weekly, monthly and annual inventory reconciliation including; agency and other required reports
- Performing Lock, Tag, Try, Hot Work Permits, Excavation Permits, and Confined Space Entry permits for safe and effective execution of work
- Complying with Waste Management per local Environmental processes in addition to SPCC, DOT, TRRC, USCG and Measurement Manual
- Acting as Terminal Person in Charge (TPIC)
- Performing work in accordance with Operator Qualifications (OQ’s)
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have valid driver’s license
- 18 years of age or older
- Knowledge of process controls and oil movements
- Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
Climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position. The ladders and stairs typically range from 5 to 40 feet in height
Raise and transport articles weighing up to 71 pounds
Walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
Work outside in harsh weather conditions
Wear personal protective equipment, such as flame retardant clothing, eye protection, ear protection, steel-toed boots, hard hat, etc.
Be on call, work overtime, nights, weekends, or holidays on an as-needed basis
Work alone a high percentage of the time
Work a 10 hour rotating shift
Conditions of employment may include successful completion of an entry-level test.
- Associate's Degree or higher in process technology or other petroleum industry degree
- 1 or more years of experience in the petroleum industry
- Knowledge of P&ID drawings
- 1 or more of experience with the following:
- Allen-Bradley PLC's.
- Magnetrol Transmitters.
- VCU (Vapor Combustion Unit)
- Knowledge of refined products and/or crude oil quality specifications
- Knowledge of mechanical and rotating equipment
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of July 24, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 38381
Location: United States - Montana - Missoula
Job Field: Operations