Phillips 66 Instrument Tech in Sweeny, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Responsibilities may include :
- Performing calibrations, programming and repairs on electronic, pneumatic, and electro-pneumatic equipment and parts associated with this equipment
- Examining color-coded resistors and wiring, wiring within Safety Instrumented Systems and control circuits, and circuit boards for defects in operation
- Examining process control equipment for defects in operation, dismantling or partially dismantling equipment
- Performing minor software modifications to computer based Control equipment
- Understanding Instrument loop diagrams and both ladder and Boolean logic
- Strong work ethics
- Valid in state driver’s license
- Associates Degree in Instrument Technology or Electronics Technology
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Ability to climb, bend, lift and perform a wide range of physical activities
- Ability to work at various heights
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with other team members, leaders, operations personnel, etc.
- Must use a variety of safety and personal protective equipment
- Overtime will be required based on operational performance
- Refinery experience in Instrumentation
- Proficient (perform with limited assistance) with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Sweeny Refinery is located 65 miles southwest of Houston. This refinery processes mainly heavy, high-sulfur crude oil, as well as light, low-sulfur crude oil.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners , the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston , the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 28,2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 37670
Department: Sweeny Refinery
Location: United States - Texas - Sweeny
Job Field: Maintenance