Phillips 66 Machinist in Sweeny, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
- Maintain and troubleshoot plant rotating equipment including, but not limited to: centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, centrifugal and axial air blowers, steam turbines and gear boxes; also fin fans, cooling tower fans, soot blowers
- Familiarity with double reverse indicator alignment method
- Perform repairs using various machine shop tools and equipment
- Ability to climb, bend, lift and perform a wide range of physical activities
- Ability to work at various heights
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with other team members, leaders and operations personnel
- Ability to use a variety of safety and personal protective equipment
- Overtime, shift work and weekend work required at times
- Maintenance/repair of Gate, Globe, Plug and check valves
- Maintenance/repair of valve actuators to include pneumatic motor, piston (spring return or double acting), electric motor
- Maintenance/repair of specialty valves by WKM, Orbit, Powell, Edwards, Durco and others
- 3 or more years of experience in troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling pumps, turbines and compressors in a refinery or chemical plant operation
- 1 or more years of direct experience reading machine drawings, P&ID’s, schematics and technical manuals
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team
- Able to operate motor vehicles, raise and transport up to 75 pounds, and climb and retrieve parts or make repairs from various heights
- Ability to understand and carry out work direction in a safe manner
- Completion of an apprenticeship or an Associate's Degree
- Good oral and written communication skills pertaining to documenting inspection and repair information
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Sweeny Refinery is located 65 miles southwest of Houston. This refinery processes mainly heavy, high-sulfur crude oil, as well as light, low-sulfur crude oil.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners , the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston , the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 28,2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 37666
Department: Sweeny Refinery
Location: United States - Texas - Sweeny
Job Field: Maintenance