Phillips 66 2018 University New Hire - Health, Safety and Environment in United States
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . FIND A HOME FOR YOUR MANY TALENTS .
Phillips 66 is dedicated to helping University New Hires make a smooth transition into the professional world. That is why we have developed career-specific programs designed to give you the tools you need to maximize your potential and succeed in your new career.
Our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) organization supports our business and operating facilities through regulatory compliance, advocacy, interpretation and education. Phillips 66 is committed to the health and safety of everyone who works in our facilities, lives in the communities where we operate or uses our products. As such, we conduct our business with care for the environment and strive for world class operating excellence by integrating our Health, Occupational Safety, Process Safety and Environmental principles throughout our businesses with a commitment to continuous improvement.
As a Health Safety & Environment University New Hire with Phillips 66 you will provide supervised direct technical safety, occupational health or environmental services for an operation or an organization. These services may include regulatory review and interpretation, technical calculations and estimations, preparation of applications for regulatory approvals and reports, and development of program, plans and proposals.
- Specific positions may specialize in one or more functional areas, including air, water, waste, energy conservation, social responsibility, regulatory compliance, accident prevention, fire protection, life safety, process safety, occupational health, construction safety and ergonomics
- Ample opportunity is provided for development of leadership skills. The overall knowledge gained of Phillips 66 and its subsidiaries from your liaison with the operating and staff groups provides you with an excellent opportunity to develop and implement a successful career path
- Each functional discipline within HSE may have varying tools and software. All of these are interconnected by an HSE Management system, with the goal of ensuring that our operations are in regulatory compliance and that we effectively manage our impact on human health and the environment
- Depending on your assignment, your responsibilities may involve some travel or possibly temporary assignments at various Phillips 66 or contractor locations around the world. Individuals must be willing to travel and/or relocate. Your initial assignment may be within Refining, Midstream, Technology or Corporate HSE with locations across the United States
Requirements for a Phillips 66 University New Hire:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Industrial Safety, Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Fire Protection or related technical field
- Graduating in Fall/Winter 2017 or Spring/Summer 2018
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholar recipient
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
- Depending on the specific position, you must be willing and able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs at http://www.p66oncampus.jobs/ and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion in assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @p66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 38648
Department: Health, Safety & Environment
Location: United States - Multiple Locations
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No