Phillips 66 Analyst, Communications & Public Affairs in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Bartlesville Communications & Public Affairs governs internal and external communications for the Downtown Bartlesville and Research Center (PRC) campuses. The focus of this group is to drive engagement of employees and community members in Phillips 66 business strategy in Bartlesville and the state of Oklahoma. The Analyst, Communications and Public Affairs organizational responsibilities include employee communications and channel management, public relations and crisis response communications, as well as community relations, contributions, corporate archives and Bartlesville Leadership Team event planning.
Responsibilities may include :
- Assist C&PA director in oversight of campus communication standards, content development and distribution of local internal communication channels, campus-wide events and campaigns.
- Work with internal customers to develop online news articles, including safety, security, facilities and community giving messages.
- Copywriting, editing, and distribution of various communication vehicles, including Bartlesville Weekly, the Bartlesville Home Page, BTV, as well as campus campaign materials.
- PoliteMail power user for distribution of newsletters and other mass mailers and tracking of reader metrics captured by this tool.
- Support preparation and execution of quarterly Bartlesville Town Halls.
- Write and keep up-to-date communication channels and standard operating procedure job aids and other process documents.
- Manage content on the Bartlesville SharePoint intranet and collaboration sites.
- Serve as a channel manager for MyRoute Be Local – Bartlesville – upload content to other MyRoute app channels as appropriate from various corporate newsletter content.
- Support special initiatives and communication campaigns as needed, by developing and executing a communication plan, including the Bartlesville Employee Safety Committee, facility changes that impact the way occupants access and work in company buildings, and Bartlesville United Way annual fundraising campaign.
- Support Bartlesville Emergency Communications including quarterly updates of communication response plans (i.e., inclement weather, downtown, PRC and Bartlesville Airport OK-TX Shuttle response), text blasting tool, mass mailers and other communication channels as needed. Support communication efforts during incident response.
- Serve as logistics coordinator on behalf of the Bartlesville Leadership Team, for events such as executive luncheons, United Way campaign and Bartlesville Town Halls.
- Assist Community Engagement Sr. Advisor with contribution process (EFT/check requests) for Bartlesville contributions.
- Support Corporate Archivist in processing accessions (review artifacts donated to Phillips Petroleum and Conoco museums, determine where to store them, and whether appropriate to log item(s) into PastPerfect software, assist with same); provide access to archives area when Corp. Archivist is away.
- Support Technology Library Services, as aligns with Corporate Archives activities.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Associate degree or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in a professional communications role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint and PoliteMail programs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in the oil & gas industry
- Continuous improvement – ability to employ/create best practices to improve processes in both work procedures and systems
- Strong interpersonal skills required with the ability to establish/maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written/oral communication skills essential along with the ability to exhibit flexibility and innovation, spontaneously think/respond quickly and be persistent
- Must be detail oriented with ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and competing priorities through strong planning and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and work well in a team environment
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Located in the rolling hills of northeast Oklahoma, Bartlesville is home to approximately 36,000 people. Area families appreciate the affordable cost of living and the conveniences a small town community offers while enjoying the cultural amenities of a larger metropolitan area. Bartlesville hosts many festivals including its own world-renown music festival. It has a symphony orchestra, Broadway series, dance companies, and an active art association. Among the state’s 32 largest school districts, Bartlesville is ranked 2nd by the Oklahoma State Department of Education for its overall success. In July 2013 Coldwell Banker ranked Bartlesville #30 as one of the nation’s best “booming suburbs” to live in, based on economic factors, school quality, cost of living, crime rates, and other criteria. Bartlesville is notable as the longtime home of Phillips Petroleum Company, co-founded by Frank and L.E. Phillips in 1917. Centrally located on major highways, it has close proximity to larger cities like Tulsa (41 miles) and Oklahoma City (123 miles). It’s only 18 miles to the Kansas border with Wichita and Kansas City well within driving distance.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of January 17, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48851
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Bartlesville
Job Field: Communications and Public Affairs