Phillips 66 Mechanical Engineer in Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Mechanical Engineer provides technical support to operations and maintenance in designing and maintaining equipment and facilities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. This position is responsible for designing, engineering and overseeing the installation of projects in accordance with code, regulatory and company standards.
Responsibilities may include :
- Providing technical support to operations to ensure the safe continued running of the refinery
- Monitoring and evaluating equipment performance
- Troubleshooting equipment problems and implementing solutions
- Reviewing equipment performance to ensure suitability and recommend improvements
- Managing numerous (>20) projects/activities meeting all deadlines
- Developing all mechanical design work for minor to intermediate size projects
- Developing cost estimates and business justification for improvement projects as well as their own recommendations.
- Specifying, procuring and installing replacement vessels, heat exchangers, piping etc.
- Reviewing proposed mechanical designs, by others, to ensure adequacy and code/company standard compliance.
- Leading/participating in failure analysis of equipment
- Providing oversight to construction and turnaround activities
- Ensuring repairs and changes are in accordance with MOC and MI processes
- Ensuring their continuous professional development as well as assisting with developing other engineers.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in a refinery/petrochemical-operating environment
- Currently hold can qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
- 10 or more years of experience in engineering and project management
- Ability to communicate and interact with other refinery departments
- Desired attributes include self-motivation, problem-solving, ability to work autonomously, and strong interpersonal skills
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
The Alliance Refinery is located 20 miles south of New Orleans on Highway 23. The refinery was built in 1971 and is one of the last world-scale grassroots refineries built in the United States. The facility is specifically designed and constructed for highly efficient operations that refine crude oil into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 23, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 43367
Department: Alliance Refinery
Location: United States - Louisiana - Belle Chasse
Job Field: Engineering