Phillips 66 Project Manager in Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Project Manager reports through the refinery Capital Projects Superintendent and is accountable to manage capital projects up to $75MM, typically from process and detailed design through construction and start-up to project close out. The Project Manager will work closely with other contract engineering firms, construction contractors, owner discipline engineering subject matter experts (SME’s), inspection, operation and maintenance teams.
Responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for delivering safely constructed projects that meet project business objectives in the most cost-effective fashion and by the required time frame (manages all 4 pillars of project execution – Safety, It works, Cost, and Schedule)
- Provides project leadership to both internal P66 employees (owner discipline engineers, Inspection, Operations, & Maintenance teams) and external contractors (contract engineering firms and construction contractors)
- Effectively utilize Front End Loading process and other best practices in project execution
- Identify, facilitate and champion appropriate project specific value improving practices (VIP’s)
- Networking with peers internally and externally to share best practice information
- Effectively facilitate, coordinate and document review meetings and technical proceedings
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or related Engineering field (Civil or Chemical)
- 5 or more years work experience in maintenance or project engineering within the refining or petrochemical industry
- 2 or more years managing refinery capital or expense projects
- Must maintain a current valid driver's license
- Must currently hold or can qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- 7 or more years of refinery maintenance or project management, with an emphasis on instrumentation and controls
- Working knowledge of life cycle phases of Safety Instrumented Systems
- Proficient in the practice and understanding of the capital project gated processes
- Familiar with value improving practices (VIP’s)
- Familiar with PSM, PHA and MOC practices and processes
- Knowledge of Intelligent P&ID's, 3D PDS modeling, equipment design, HAZOP reviews, electrical/instrument designs, DCS/ESD and engineering support for detailed cost estimates
- Construction field engineering experience, and/or EPFC bidding experience
- Strong scheduling and organization skills, understanding basic strategies for managing successful projects
- Ability to anticipate project challenges and have the ownership to establish contingency planning to avoid project pitfalls
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Alliance Refinery is located 20 miles south of New Orleans on Highway 23. The refinery was built in 1971 and is one of the last world-scale grassroots refineries built in the United States. The facility is specifically designed and constructed for highly efficient operations that refine crude oil into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of August 22, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 46702
Department: Alliance Refinery
Location: United States - Louisiana - Belle Chasse
Job Field: Engineering