Phillips 66 Rotating Equipment Engineer/Specialist - Ferndale Refinery in Ferndale, Washington
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Rotating Equipment Engineer/Specialist is a staff position within the Technical Services Department’s Project and Reliability Group. This position supports the safe and reliable operation of rotating equipment within an oil refinery with specific responsibility for rotating equipment within assigned process units. A significant portion of this position is performed in the field within the refinery and involves active participation within a small team of engineers. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, working at height, and outside weather conditions. Physical activities include climbing, standing, crawling, confined space entry, and maneuvering through operating process units. While performing the duties of this position in the refinery, appropriate personal protective equipment will be worn as required.
Responsibilities may include :
- Participates and promotes all aspects of the refinery safety program. Visibly demonstrates commitment to the workplace safety and health of employees and contractors through personal engagement and sound decisions.
- Complies with all refinery site and corporate personal safety requirements, policies, and the Ferndale Refinery Mechanical Integrity Manual.
- Provides Technical support during in-plant and off-site repairs/rebuilds of refinery rotating equipment to API and industry standards on assigned equipment.
- Specifies new equipment for purchase as needed in accordance with API, Phillips 66 Refining Engineering Practices (REP), and P66 Required Standards.
- Provide technical support for the vibration monitoring program and GE/Bently Nevada 3500 Protection/System1 Performance Monitoring systems.
- Actively involved with operations and maintenance planning groups in scheduling of equipment repairs within assigned process units.
- Developing, executing, and sustaining an effective preventive/predictive maintenance program for rotating equipment.
- Participates in corporate Rotating Equipment Network efforts for knowledge sharing, developing best practices, and reviewing REP standards.
- Participates in or leads refinery incident investigation teams for Root Cause Analysis and Latent Cause Analysis.
- Participates in expense and capital budget development. Actively promotes cost control and budget awareness within the team.
- Complete PSM requirements for rotating equipment such as PHA’s, MOC’s, PSI updates, etc.
- Overseeing of equipment criticality ranking and 'bad actor list' and developing/implementing projects to improve reliability.
- Long range planning and scope development of major rotating equipment.
- Providing after-hour coverage and assistance during upsets, outages, and major equipment overhauls.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in maintenance and/or engineering
- 5 or more years of experience with rotating machinery
- 5 or more years of experience with vibration analysis, trouble shooting performance analysis, performance condition monitoring programs, and centrifugal and reciprocating compressors
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Currently hold or can qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
- Willingness to perform/comply with the following:
To work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks and silos
To work near large, hot, high-speed machines
To work outside in harsh weather conditions
To climb up to 250 feet in height
To lift up to 50 pounds
To wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
To maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 10 or more years of experience as a Rotating Equipment Engineer/Specialist in the refining, chemical, or petrochemical industry
- Working knowledge of API and PIP Rotating Equipment StandardsDirect experience with new equipment installation and commissioning
- Proficient in SAP
- Trained in Root Cause Failure Analysis or Latent Cause Analysis techniques
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Ferndale Refinery is located in Ferndale, WA which is located on Puget Sound, about 20 miles south of the U.S. - Canada border. The refinery processes about 105,000 barrels per day of oil and is a high conversion facility allowing optimized utilization of feedstock. The refinery includes Clean Gasoline and Ultra-Low Sulfur Diesel units providing emissions friendly products to meet today's stringent standards. Providing a safe and environmentally responsible workplace as well as having a positive impact on the local communities are management priorities. Operations are run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $53 billion of assets as of Sept. 30, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 31, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 47834
Department: Ferndale Refinery
Location: United States - Washington - Ferndale
Job Field: Engineering