Phillips 66 Project Manager in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
A Phillips 66 IT Project Manager is accountable for delivering value through the execution and delivery of IT projects on time and within budget. Project Managers contribute to the success of Phillips 66 through partnering with stakeholders to ensure projects follow established PMO practices that deliver best in class project performance and enable the sustainability and growth of Phillips 66.
IT is a fast moving and rapidly evolving environment within which the Project Manager is expected to actively manage the project plan, budget, and resources while ensuring adherence to the project services processes (e.g. provide consistent reporting, issue/risk tracking, etc.) This is a position of influence, negotiation and expectation management.
Responsibilities may include :
- In conjunction with the Project Owner, manage the project to meet the needs of the business, benefits as outlined in the business case, reasonable expectations of end users and the project steering committee.
- Responsible for the project, including project planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management.
- Maintains and controls the project budget, schedule and resources in compliance with IT project management guidelines.
- Manages project scope, risk and issue resolution
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables
- Responsible for disseminating information to key project team members
- If project is agile, responsible to act as the scrum master or work with the scrum master to ensure the appropriate agile ways of working are utilized (sprint planning, backlog grooming, user story creation, demos, retrospective, etc.)
- Coaches and mentors staff and managers under direct report
- Responsible for managing relationship with consultant project manager if applicable
- In conjunction with the technical resources, manage integration of solution(s) into enterprise technical architecture and business environment
- In conjunction with the project owner and business subject matter experts, manages highly complex business issues arising from the implementation of new processes or functions
- In conjunction with procurement, manage all procurement of hardware, software and services
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field
- 7 or more years of IT and business/industry work
- Multiple successful IT projects (e.g., a project that realized its anticipated business benefits and was delivered in a timely manner within budgetary boundaries)
- Familiar with Agile methodology, including Scrum, SAFE, etc. and has lead at least one successful agile project from planning to close
- 3 or more years of leadership responsibility managing midsize to large teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Active PMP certification or PMP equivalent from non-US location (e.g., project management professional [PMP] certification from the Project Management Institute [PMI])
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and summarize communications for executive consumption.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record.
- Excellent management and team-building skills.
- Utilizes project management software tools such as MS Project and Agile collaboration tools to effectively manage, monitor and control project activities.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation.
- Business application and system development life cycle management.
- Budget planning and management.
- Problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management as well as internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building.
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment.
- Self-motivated and a problem solver.
- Experienced in facilitation and negotiating.
- Experience in leading internationally distributed teams.
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Expert: Adaptability—Model Agility And Learning
- Expert: Communication—Communicate With Impact
- Expert: Judgment—Solve Problems
- Expert: Results Orientation—Drive Work Unit Success
- Expert: Strategic Thinking—Demonstrate Forward Thinking
- Expert: Talent Enhancement—Share Knowledge
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 31, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 46194
Department: Information Technology
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Information Technology