Phillips 66 Technical Team Lead, Value Chain Strategy and Optimization in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Technical Team Lead, Value Chain Strategy and Optimization at Phillips 66 will be a key role on a program of systems projects supporting the Value Chain Strategy and Optimization (VCS&O) organization. The VCS&O organization is charged with driving improvement in cross-functional decision making across Phillips 66 Commercial, Marketing, and Midstream organizations with large-scale bottom-line improvement targets. The Technical Team Lead role will be responsible for delivery of technical designs that unlock value for the business.
Responsibilities may include :
- Participate in the design of a complex, integrated platform that will be used for making decisions across multiple business lines involving hundreds of highly-skilled, end users.
- Own the implementation of project technical deliverables including management of technical resources required to deliver the product.
- Manage both employee and contractor resource deliverables including work assignments in line with project priorities and milestones.
- Ensure that the technical team composition has the right skills and resource bandwidth are available to deliver the product.
- Bring a strong background of technical experience across multiple technologies to the role and seek opportunities to acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Synthesize information from a variety of sources or disciplines to arrive at a broader, deeper understanding of issues.
- Effectively examine events, issues, and problems, and generate solution alternatives. Make timely and sound decisions on issues and problems by applying accurate logic, appropriate knowledge, expertise, and common sense.
- Collaborate with project managers and other staff members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions and provide them with timely updates and escalation of issues.
- Drive results through personal leadership and team accountability. Take personal accountability to make decisions and act.
- Operate effectively under ambiguous, uncertain conditions. Deal constructively with challenges.
- Embrace change and adapt to new ways of doing things.
- Prepare and deliver clear, concise, accurate, and effective written and verbal material/messages according to a wide audience from leadership to software engineers.
- Share personal experience and expertise with others. Provide honest, helpful feedback to others on their performance.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field
- 10 or more years of experience in software development
- 5 or more years of experience leading technical teams
- 5 or more years of experience in a large-scale, multi-platform environment
- Master’s degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- AWS and Azure stack
- Visual Studio, .Net, Java, SQL
- 3 or more years of experience in agile application development & scrum methodologies
- 3 or more years of experience with rapid prototyping
- 5 or more years of experience with automated testing and deployment
- 10 or more years of experience with systems integration, database management, proper systems security best practices
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry helpful
- Proven success with cross team collaboration and delivering end to end products
- Proven experience in technical team leadership and facilitation/motivation
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and self-motivated to solve problems quickly and creatively
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of January 18, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48609
Department: Information Technology
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Information Technology