Phillips 66 Contracts Negotiator - 6 month contract in London, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Basic Purpose / Accountabilities:
Phillips 66 Limited has significant fuel marketing operations in the UK which are managed under the UK Marketing business unit. The role in Contracts Management is to ensure agreements are in place to support the activities of the UK Marketing business with its customers. This role is a middle office support function.
- Analysis, review, drafting, negotiation and execution of general terms & conditions and supply agreements, including review of customer proposed terms & conditions (under the guidance of inhouse Counsel as appropriate);
- Liaison with UK Marketing business unit, inhouse Counsel, and any other relevant internal stakeholders to facilitate review, drafting and negotiation of general terms & conditions and supply agreements with customers;
- Keeping precedent agreement templates up to date;
- Developing and maintaining the Contract Database for UK Marketing business unit;
- Maintaining contractual records and documentation in accordance with internal policy and procedures;
- Supporting UK Marketing business unit in all matters pertaining to UK Marketing agreements including:
terminations, variations, assignment/ novations, breach of contract claims, (under guidance of inhouse Counsel), as required;
facilitating registration/ release of company charges against customer’s property (supported by external law firm).
- Strong communication skills, effective interface with other internal stakeholders including the UK Marketing business unit, Credit Team and Legal Team. Liaison with colleagues at all levels in an appropriate manner;
- Flexible, able to work in a pressurised environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under own initiative and with minimum supervision – exhibits strong personal, professional and emotional maturity;
- Commercially astute – understands business implications and sensitivities based on potential impacts of contract language.
- Minimum Legal Practice Course qualified (England) (essential);
- Experience of analysis, review, drafting and negotiation of legal documentation (essential);
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (essential).
- Excellent organisational skills (essential);
- Excellent interpersonal skills – strong emotional intelligence and awareness;
- High attention to detail and strong sense of judgment and critical thinking insight;
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills;
- Proactive, demonstrates initiative and anticipates requirements;
- Well presented, confident and reliable;
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,) (essential);
- Knowledge of contract law, general commercial law, ideally with in-house experience in a similar business environment.
- Legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom, on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions.
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 22 August 2018.
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 46401
Location: Great Britain - London - London
Job Field: Procurement