Phillips 66 Process Control Engineer / Specialist - Ponca City Refinery in Ponca City, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Process Control Engineer / Specialist maintains, configures, and upgrades the process control system for the refinery. This position implements best practices in the selection, maintenance, and troubleshooting of process control system asset base to ensure that safety, regulatory, production, and optimization objectives are met. The Engineer / Specialist works effectively with other refinery control systems personnel to assure consistency and best practice implementation.
Responsibilities may include :
- Providing support and expertise for Control systems configuration in support of Regulatory Control, Advanced Regulatory Control and Advanced Process Control. This includes control configuration/programming, training, and documentation.
- Providing Control systems hardware and software support and expertise.
- Providing support to Controls Modernization Projects involving control system specification, hardware and software design, testing, commissioning, and documentation.
- Development, implementation and coordination of process control system reliability improvement efforts, processes and systems, such as:
Predictive/Preventive Maintenance Plans
Server and associated metrics
Operations Support – Work closely with Operations Department to ensure reliability of process operation and control through daily monitoring of systems performance.
- Leading or participating in root cause analysis of process control system equipment failures.
- Alarm Management software implementation and work processes.
- Upgrading control system operator interfaces with respect to information presentation and abnormal situation management.
- Reviewing process control designs to develop the most optimal, reliable, and cost-effective control system.
- Participating and ownership of the control system documentation, controls, alarms, training, interfaces, configuration, systems, and policies.
- Completing Management-Of-Change documents related to process control systems.
- Adopting and sharing process control “best practices” through internal and external networking.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Associate’s Degree in Technical-related field
- 2 or more years of experience working in a refinery or chemical facility
- 2 or more years of Process Control System experience
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or an Engineering-related field
- Experience with Alarm Management applications and processes
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of SQL Databases.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP network systems
- Working knowledge of Purdue Security Model
- 5 or more years of refinery experience
- Working knowledge of Honeywell Experion and TDC3000 DCS systems
- Working knowledge of Virtual Environments
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Expert: Adaptability—Model Agility And Learning
- Expert: Communication—Communicate With Impact
- Expert: Judgment—Solve Problems
- Expert: Results Orientation—Drive Work Unit Success
- Expert: Strategic Thinking—Demonstrate Forward Thinking
- Expert: Talent Enhancement—Share Knowledge
The Ponca City Refinery in Oklahoma has a crude oil processing capacity of 196 MBPD. Both foreign and domestic crudes are delivered by pipeline from Canada, Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. The refinery's facilities include fluid catalytic cracking, delayed coking and hydro-desulfurization units that enable it to produce high ratios of gasoline and diesel fuel from crude oil. Finished petroleum products are shipped by truck, rail and Company-owned and common carrier pipelines to markets throughout the mid-continent region. Operations are run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Major Products: Gasoline, Diesel, Jet fuel, Kerosene, Heating oils.
Capacities: Crude oil and Other Charge Capacity: 203,000 BPD; Gasoline Production Capacity: 110,000 BPD; Distillate Production Capacity: 90,000 BPD.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of January 18, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48770
Department: Ponca City Refinery
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Ponca City
Job Field: Engineering