Phillips 66 Basic Operator Trainee, Rodeo Refinery in Rodeo, California
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Basic Operator Trainee will work independently and with other personnel to safely maintain and operate equipment and processes in Refining or Midstream business units. Some of the processes involved use hazardous and volatile materials under high temperature and pressure. Typical working conditions include: outside weather and elements, blowing air, heat, noise, vibration and occasionally working from heights and confined spaces. Operators must follow safe work practices including the regular wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). In addition, Operators perform various duties required to keep their assigned processing unit/area operating safely and at specified production rates.
Responsibilities may include :
- Demonstrating awareness and commitment to safety
- Maintaining equipment and operations
- Taking samples/readings of various process streams
- Operating unit consoles
- Monitoring and observing assigned area for abnormal conditions and emergency situations
- Working with outside contractors and agencies
- Participating in safety reviews, audits, and exercising safe work practices.
- Initiating work orders and permitting for work related to the assigned unit.
- Maintaining proper and safe process operations of the operating equipment
- Serving on the emergency response fire brigade, rescue team, and/or first responder team
- Participating in annual refresher training
- Upholding company values, understanding and implementing all relevant company policies and procedures to ensure all work meets required and established standards.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be willing and able to regularly be on-call and work a rotating shift schedule, including but not limited to days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be willing and able to work overtime
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be willing and able to read technical procedures and materials in English
- Must be willing and able to learn computer software associated with process operations
- Must qualify or possess a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Must be willing and able to work in enclosed spaces such as tanks and silos
- Must be willing and able to work near large, hot, high speed machines
- Must be willing and able to work near products that are under high pressure and heat
- Must be willing and able to work around chemicals, including acids and bases
- Must be willing and able to wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
- Must be willing and able to maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
- Must be willing and able to climb up to 200 feet in height
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be willing and able to perform fire fighting duties
- Must be willing and able to work outside in harsh weather conditions
- 1+ years of direct experience working as a process operator in a refinery, chemical, power, nuclear, wastewater treatment, or other manufacturing industry.
- Associates Degree or higher in Process Technology from an accredited school or significant related experience Military certifications that are process operations related
- Record of formal emergency response training within the last 24 months
- Microsoft proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous SAP experience
- Must be adaptable with the ability to effectively influence change
- Must possess strong communications, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be team oriented and self-motivated
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels and value diversity
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The San Francisco Refinery is comprised of two facilities linked by a 200-mile pipeline. The Rodeo facility is located in the San Francisco Bay area, while the Santa Maria facility is located in Arroyo Grande, CA. The refinery's crude oil processing capacity is 120 MBD. The refinery processes mainly heavy, high-sulfur crude oil.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of January 23, 2019.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48612
Department: Rodeo Refinery
Location: United States - California - Rodeo
Job Field: Operations