Phillips 66 Maintenance Mechanic- Mobile Equipment- Rodeo Refinery in Rodeo, California
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Mechanic - Mobile Equipment performs any and all work for which qualified in a safe and efficient manner, including but not limited to: repairing, altering, fabricating, assembling, troubleshooting and servicing a wide variety of mobile refinery equipment. Exemplified by light truck, passenger vehicles, forklifts, cranes and other heavy motorized equipment. Uses power and hand tools such as hack saws, shears, chain blocks, automotive diagnostic equipment, impact/torque wrenches, grinders and drills. Duties including rigging to lift equipment, planning out work, procuring parts and materials, maintaining vehicle and heavy motorized equipment fleet records and maintenance logs. Assures all maintenance and project work complies with all applicable safety, government licensing, engineering standards, laws, regulations and meets Phillips 66 policies procedures and specifications.
Responsibilities may include:
- Actively participates in the safety process, assuring all work performed satisfies application governmental regulations and company policies and procedures
- Reviews work prior to start and has material, resources, information and tools on hand to achieve high levels of productivity
- Develops or modifies maintenance or safety procedures related to maintenance work processes individually or as part of a team
- Reviews and interprets technical manuals/procedures/specifications as needed to perform proper maintenance and repairs to mobile equipment
- Repairs and maintains high pressure hydraulic systems
- Repairs and maintains all light and heavy motorized equipment and/or makes arrangements to have this work performed by outside resources
- Repairs and maintains stationary fire equipment engines and motors
- Moves materials, tools, equipment and subassemblies using trucks, forklift, wagons, carts, dollies, etc. (Providing coverage at times for Mobile Equipment Operators)
- Procures and maintains adequate inventory of garage bench stock
- Coordinates and tracks vehicular licensing, permitting and applicable environmental requirements
- Maintains and updates mobile equipment service logs
- Coordinates work of others as needed
- Works overtime, weekends, holidays and varied shifts when required. Must be available to accept call-outs
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an automotive or heavy motorized equipment field required.
- Class B license required with DOT endorsement for Hazardous Waste handling and Passenger transport or the ability to obtain
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess a valid Transportation Workers' Identification Credential (TWIC) or qualify for a TWIC card by start date.
- Must be willing and able, with or without accommodation, to perform/comply with the following:
Work overtime (including weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts)
Be on call and respond to after hour callouts due to business necessity
Lift up to 50 pounds
Work in enclosed spaces such as tanks and silos
Work safely near large, hot, high-speed machines
Climb up to 200 feet in height; work at elevated heights
Work around chemicals, including acids and bases
Wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toed shoes, ear/eye protection)
Maintain face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly
Work outside in inclement weather conditions
- ASE certification preferred
- Class A License desired
- Completion of program certification (or apprenticeship) or an Associate’s degree in a field of applied industrial mechanics
- Proficient computer skills preferred: Excel, Word, SAP, ACAD (or ability to learn quickly)
- Self-motivated, proactive, creative, results oriented and organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, diverse groups and people
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The San Francisco Refinery is comprised of two facilities linked by a 200-mile pipeline. The Rodeo facility is located in the San Francisco Bay area, while the Santa Maria facility is located in Arroyo Grande, CA. The refinery's crude oil processing capacity is 120 MBD. The refinery processes mainly heavy, high-sulfur crude oil.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners , the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston , the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $53 billion of assets as of Sept. 30, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 23, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 44224
Department: Rodeo Refinery
Location: United States - California - Rodeo
Job Field: Maintenance