Phillips 66 Metallurgical Inspector - Santa Maria Refinery in Santa Maria, California
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Metallurgical Inspector – Santa Maria Refinery works independently under the general direction of the ME&I Superintendent. Provides professional and technical support and advice, while maintaining compliance with industry codes and standards.
Responsibilities may include :
- Performing all required inspections of piping and equipment
- Identifying equipment and piping needing repair and/or replacement
- Issuing welding and inspection requirements for new and replacement equipment
- Performing follow up to ensure requirements are met
- Performing positive materials identification on new and replacement alloy components
- Directing contract NDE crews performing UT, RT and other inspections on refinery equipment
- Reviewing X-ray film and other NDE data for accuracy and quality
- Reviewing and authorizing temporary repairs
- Reviewing engineering packages for new equipment installations
- Updating equipment inspection records, piping isometrics and the PCMS computer database
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must maintain valid driver's license
- 3 or more years of refining, industrial manufacturing or relevant military experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
Work overtime, including holidays and weekends
Lift up to 50 pounds
Work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks and silos
Climb, walk, kneel and squat on a regular basis
Work around chemicals including acids/bases
Climb up to 200 feet in height; work at elevated heights or in confined spaces
Wear Nomex fire-retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel toed shoes, ear/eye protection)
- Technical and/or Trade Certification, Associate’s Degree or higher
- 1 or more years of experience working in metallurgy and welding, including visual welding inspections
- API equipment inspection certifications (API 570, API 510, API 653)
- Working knowledge of ASME codes (ASME B31.3, ASME Section VIII Div 1, and NBIC)
- Experience in reviewing X-ray film and UT data
- Experience with PCMS (or other inspection data management software)
- Proficient in SAP
- Technically competent, and comfortably assertive about required standards
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The 1,780-acre Santa Maria Refinery , adjacent to State Highway 1 on the Nipomo Mesa, has been in operation for more than 50 years. Only about 200 acres of the land are used for company operations. The remainder is grazed by cattle, held as open space or used as a preservation area for wildlife and the Nipomo Lupine, which grows nowhere else in the world. An important part of California's energy infrastructure, the refinery processes about 48,000 barrels of crude per day. The facility is also an important part of the local economy, employing 140 full-time workers. We continuously invest to improve the facility and keep up with current technologies in public and environmental safety.
The semi-refined liquid products (gas oil and pressure distillate) produced at the facility are shipped by pipeline to the Rodeo Refinery for finish processing into the cleanest, highest quality transportation fuels in the world. Petroleum coke (carbon) is shipped to customers by truck and rail. Sulfur is shipped by truck to customers in the agricultural industry.
Major Products: Gas Oil, Pressure Distillate, Petroleum Coke, Sulfur
Capacities: Crude oil processing: 48,000 BPD
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $53 billion of assets as of Sept. 30, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 25, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 44288
Department: Santa Maria Refinery
Location: United States - California - Santa Maria
Job Field: Maintenance