Phillips 66 Industrial Control Systems Engineer in South Killingholme, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Industrial Controls Systems Engineer will provide engineering support for Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Safety Instrumented System (SIS) logic solvers for the refinery and it’s associated off site facilities. Lead all phases of the lifecycle management for all ICS and SIS systems in scope including the delivery of operational support (including the design and optimisation of control strategies), cybersecurity, alarm management whilst meeting corporate and legal requirements.
Responsibilities may include :
- Providing project and maintenance support for the Refinery ICS including SIS logic solvers. This role is focused on PLC's, HMl's, SCADA and automation systems. The role generally excludes the provision of support for Honeywell DCS with the exception of the design and optimisation of basic control strategies implemented within DCS (e.g PID, Cascade control).
- Providing engineering design including code/logic development, construction support, and start-up assistance for all assigned projects / MOCs.
- SME for automation systems at road and rail loading facilities and off site hydrocarbon storage facilities including the provision of operations and maintenance execution support.
- Performing daily analysis of ICS / SIS events (IMPACTs) and implement appropriate follow up actions including RCA.
- Supporting DCS, Field Instrumentation and Control System Network & Security interfaces with the ICS networks (e.g Batch Meters, Tank Gauging systems, Card Readers, Pl etc)
- Leading the ICS / SIS Logic Solver (software & hardware) obsolescence program and spares criticality program. Contribute to the maintenance of the C&I vendor list from an ICS perspective.
- Providing design, construction support and start-up assistance on engineering projects.
- Executing software verification, backups, patches and upgrades to ICS / SIS equipment and configuration tools. Ensure disaster recovery plans and procedures are effective.
- Managing ICS / SIS Logic Solver third party support contracts.
- Developing and maintaining ICS procedures, policies and lifecycle documentation ensuring evergreen status is maintained.
- Establishes and maintains ICS / SIS maintenance plans.
- Development of the ICS LRP, l&E Engineering maintenance budget and ICS TA/SUS scope.
- Performing ICS / SIS Logic Solver engineering review of MoC's and allocated TD memos. Manage the ICS MOC process.
- Developing a competency profile for l&E personnel in relation to critical ICS systems and processes. Produce, maintain and deliver the associated training packages.
- Driving the continuous improvement of the l&E execution team ICS capability.
- Providing strategic direction and guidance to the refinery and its associated facilities in relation to ICS
- Legal right to live and work on a permanent basis in the UK without restrictions.
- Expert knowledge of all phases of ICS and SIS lifecycle activities including, design, engineering, operations and maintenance.
- Expert knowledge and practical experience of a wide range of PLC's, HMl 's, SCADA's, SIS Logic Solvers and Communication Networks.
- Expert knowledge of basic process control system strategies with practical hands on experience of the design, implementation and optimisation of control schemes.
- Experience of Terminal Automation systems and field instrumentation.
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity concepts and safeguards.
- Formal SIS Lifecycle qualifications (eg TUV FS Eng) and experience.
- Degree qualified Engineer with experience (or equivalent with significant experience) in ICS and SIS lifecycle activities.
- Member of a Professional Engineering Institute (lnstMC or IET) and Chartered Engineer status (or demonstrable CPD with a strong commitment to achieve CEng status).
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees and contractors.
- Excellent diagnostic and logical thinking ability
- Balances short-term and long-term tasks with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and delivering on customers' expectations.
- Self-starter and the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Maintains subject matter expertise within ICS/SIS Competencies
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Humber Refinery located in North East Lincolnshire, is one of the most complex refineries within the Phillips 66 portfolio and one of the most sophisticated in Europe, with a crude oil processing capacity of 221,000 barrels per day it refines the most economically advantaged crude oils to help shape today's energy landscape. The only coking refinery in the UK and the world's largest producer of speciality graphite cokes and the largest anode coke producer in Europe.
Company Overview :
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 27th January, 2019 .
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 48606
Department: RM&T Humber Refinery
Location: Great Britain - Northeast Lincolnshire - South Killingholme
Job Field: Maintenance