Phillips 66 One Year Industrial Placement Student - Electrical, Controls & Instrument Engineer in South Killingholme, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
If you want work experience that really counts, consider a placement with Phillips 66. We are now looking for a student who is working towards a degree in either Controls, Instrumentation, Electronic and/or Electrical Engineering to join us for a one year industrial placement in 2018.
Your time will be spent either on specific projects or working alongside our experienced Engineers. This is a great opportunity to put your theoretical skills into practice and gain invaluable experience within a business environment.
Your assignment will normally be spent with one of the refinery discipline teams, i.e., electrical, controls or instruments. Please indicate in your cover letter in which of these discipline teams you would prefer to work and an explanation as to why. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered .
Your should be available to commence your placement on Monday 2nd September, 2019
Responsibilities may include :
- Performing non-routine technical assignments of limited scope
- Performing entry-level tasks/projects designed to provide disciplinary and interdisciplinary experience
- Developing procedures for implementation on small projects
- Preparing technical reports on small technical studies or projects
- Undertaking independent studies, analyzing, interpreting, and making conclusions on small projects or tasks
- Assisting senior engineers in complex analysis and assignments
- Understanding and utilizing the relevant company management systems
- Communicating effectively with relevant stakeholders as required
- Demonstrating awareness and commitment to safety
- The legal right to live and work in the UK on a permanent basis without restrictions.
- Proficient knowledge and experience of MS applications
- Good communication skills
- Effective team player
- Self motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Previous work experience in a related discipline
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
The Humber Refinery located in North East Lincolnshire, is one of the most complex refineries within the Phillips 66 portfolio and one of the most sophisticated in Europe, with a crude oil processing capacity of 221,000 barrels per day it refines the most economically advantaged crude oils to help shape today's energy landscape. The only coking refinery in the UK and the world's largest producer of speciality graphite cokes and the largest anode coke producer in Europe.
Details about this job:
- Hiring Manager: [[hiringManagerName]]
- Location: [[mfield1]]
- Job Field: [[filter2]]
- Organization: [[custOrg]]
- Salary Grade Level: [[jobGrade]]
- Relocation: [[custP66Relo]]
To be Considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 16th November, 2018.
Please remember to indicate in your covering letter which of the discipline teams you would prefer to work in with an explanation as to why.
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 47441
Department: RM&T Humber Refinery
Location: Great Britain - Northeast Lincolnshire - South Killingholme
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No