Phillips 66 Safety Instrumented Systems Engineer in South Killingholme, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Safety Instrument Systems (SIS) Engineer is responsible for the functional safety lifecycle for Safety Instrument Systems and other Safety Related instrument functions. Provides technical support to refinery technical, operations & maintenance departments.
Responsibilities may include :
- Acting as the Refinery subject matter expert for SIS providing technical guidance to projects and maintenance
- Responsibility for the management of SIS and other critical Safety Related Instrument documentation, lifecycle folder systems.
- Responsibility for the effective handover of project SIS and other Critical Instrument documentation and their evergreen status.
- Leading Functional Safety Assessments across the full SIS Safety Lifecycle ensure observations and actions are robustly managed.
- Implementing the Functional Safety internal audit strategy conducting audits throughout all phases of the SIS lifecycle.
- Analysing SIS / Critical Instrument performance data and implement corrective / preventative actions where necessary.
- Driving ownership of SIS and other Safety Related Instrumentation within the Maintenance team by ensuring quality oversight, performance monitoring, deviation handling and root cause analysis.
- Contributing to the development of Safety Related Instrument Company Standards, best C+I practices, asset integrity and reliability behaviours across the Refinery.
- Continuously improving SIS Proof Test Procedures reflecting advances in regulatory expectation, internal standards and corporate requirements.
- Assisting in the development of C+I TA / SUS scope consistent with long term strategies, to ensure run length targets can be met and sustained.
- Delivering the SIS Competency Management System. Conduct competency assessments of relevant personnel and contribute to the overall I&E Training and Development plan.
- Ensuring competency gaps are highlighted and relevant individuals and supervisors are informed.
- Performing engineering technical reviews for management of changes (MOC / TD Memo) associated with SIS and other critical Safety Related Instrumentation.
- Providing engineering design, construction support, and start-up assistance for all assigned projects.
- Contributing to regulatory inspection preparation and execution, ensuring no significant findings within area of responsibility.
- Contributing to the development of the refnery capital long range plan and I&E maintenance budget, ensuring key safety and reliability spends are identified and forecasted.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country without restriction
- Degree qualified Engineer or equivalent with significant experience in refining or a similar high hazard process industry.
- Current Functional Safety certification such as TUV FS Eng or CFSP
- Member of a Professional Engineering Institute and Chartered Engineer (or demonstrable CPD with strong commitment to achieve this)
- Experienced in the assessment of proof test postponement / test interval extension.
- Experienced in the calculation / assessment of PST.
- Experienced in the presentation of technical subjects to management and regulators.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives.
- Balance short-term and long-term tasks with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and effectively influence others without direct supervisory authority.
- Expert knowledge of Functional Safety – Safety Instrumented Systems standards and the associated UK regulatory framework.
- Advanced knowledge of Instrument and Control equipment principles, reliability, engineering and maintenance procedures, processes and activities.
- Significant experience of performing Functional Safety Assessments 1 – 5.
- Significant experience of modelling safety instrumented functions to verify PFDavg and HFT using a variety of tools and techniques including FTA.
- Significant experience in the management of large scale, complex SIS.
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
The Humber Refinery located in North East Lincolnshire, is one of the most complex refineries within the Phillips 66 portfolio and one of the most sophisticated in Europe, with a crude oil processing capacity of 221,000 barrels per day it refines the most economically advantaged crude oils to help shape today's energy landscape. The only coking refinery in the UK and the world's largest producer of speciality graphite cokes and the largest anode coke producer in Europe.
Company Overview :
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 27th January, 2019. .
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 48798
Department: RM&T Humber Refinery
Location: Great Britain - Northeast Lincolnshire - South Killingholme
Job Field: Engineering