Phillips 66 PHA Facilitator in United States
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) Facilitator will participate in, and support the implementation of Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) improvement plans across Phillips 66 operated assets including Refining, Midstream, and Capital Projects.
This role reports to the Process Hazard Analysis Director within the Corporate HSE organization. The role will support assets across the United States and as such can be placed in any existing Phillips 66 location in either the Western, Gulf/Central, or Eastern Regions.
- Participate in, and support the development of, business-driven solutions to drive improvements in the consistency of hazard scenarios evaluated, implementation of effective safeguards, and appropriate risk reduction measures across Phillips 66.
- Lead and facilitate business unit and capital projects Process Hazards Analyses (PHAs), ensuring consistency and quality, and in alignment with the company strategies, tactics, and programs. This includes consistent and appropriate evaluation of high consequence scenarios and application of the right safeguards and risk reduction techniques.
- Collaborates with other PHA and Process Safety team members to facilitate consistency and quality of PHAs and risk reduction solutions across Phillips 66.
- Develop PHA/LOPA reports and recommendations for existing assets and major projects to ensure appropriate risk reduction, cost effectiveness, and meeting industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate/interact with technical subject matter experts to develop appropriate risk reduction solutions.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) PHA requirements, including state specific requirements.
- Provide PHA/LOPA and quantitative and qualitative risk assessment support for major projects and existing assets ensuring effective integration between the two functions.
- Actively participate on various industry committees to learn from industry and implement learnings across Phillips 66.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- At least 3 years of experience leading or participating in PHAs
- At least 7 years of process industry experience, including process engineering or process hazards assessment work
- Working knowledge of process hazards in a refinery operation
- Working knowledge of OSHA PSM and EPA RMP
- Willing and able to travel up to 75% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, HSE, or related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience coordinating or facilitating Process Hazards Analyses and Layers of Protection Analyses
- Expert proficiency in at least one of the following process areas, including an understanding of the associated hazards: HF Alkylation, Fluid Catalytic Cracking, Coker, or Hydroprocessing process units
- Experience with process safety hazards associated with pipelines and terminals operations
- Intermediate proficiency with PHA/LOPA PRO software and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of ANSI ISA-84.00.01-2004 Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Industry Sector standard
- Working knowledge of consequence analysis tool(s) such as PHAST, etc.
- Working knowledge of Phillips 66 Process Safety related Required Standards
- Strong internal/external networks with established credibility
- Interpersonal skills characterized by effective teamwork, influence, and the ability to quickly develop trust and establish strong relationships
- Ability to get past resistance and sustain momentum to obtain results
- Strategic thinker with in-depth knowledge of key value drivers
- Strong influence management skills
- Sound business knowledge/judgment
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of September 28, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 47347
Department: Health, Safety & Environment
Location: United States - Multiple Locations
Job Field: Health, Safety, and Environment