Phillips 66 Terminal Operator in Amarillo, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Terminal Operator will perform duties in support of the safe operation of a large products terminal, which includes truck loading and off-loading, tank farm operations, pipeline receipts, and shipments. Monitor VCU (Vapor Combustion Unit) operation and emissions for compliance within regulations. 40 hour work weeks with potential over-time and rotating on calls. Position will be based at our Amarillo,Texas Midstream Terminal. The role will participate as an integral team member and will be a key contributor to the organization from a support capacity.
Responsibilities may include :
- Ensuring quality and quantity of refined products.
- Identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
- Ensuring timely completion of all required paperwork.
- Staying abreast of changes in operation requirements, policies and processes.
- Performing operational duties in accordance with the Terminal Operating and Procedures and Site Specific Procedures.
- Compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures.
- Responding to emergencies, maintaining emergency equipment and participating in emergency response training and exercises.
- Completing mandated safety and regulatory training (computer-based & instructor led training).
- Monitoring controls and establishing valve line-ups for pipeline delivery and receipts.
- Maintaining effective and professional relationships with customers and responding promptly to their needs.
- Performing environmental and regulatory checks (eliminating, containing and reporting all product seeps and spills).
- Performing security and equipment facility rounds; minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions.
- Assisting with new employee training.
- Completing daily, weekly, monthly and annual inventory reconciliation including; agency and other required reports.
- Performing Lock Out/Tag Out, Hot Work Permits, Excavation Permits, and Confined Space Entry permits for safe and effective execution of work.
- Complying with Waste Management per local Environmental processes in addition to SPCC, DOT, TRRC, USCG and Measurement Manual.
- Acting as Terminal Person in Charge (TPIC).
- Performing work in accordance with Operator Qualifications (OQ’s).
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must maintain valid driver’s license
- 18 years of age or older
- 1 or more years of experience in the petroleum industry
- Knowledge of process controls and oil movements
- Knowledge of P&ID drawings
- Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
To climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position. The ladders and stairs typically range from 5 to 40 feet in height
To raise and transport articles weighing up to 71 pounds
To walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
To work outside in harsh weather conditions
To wear personal protective equipment, such as flame retardant clothing, eye protection, ear protection, steel-toed boots, hard hat, etc.
To be on call, work overtime, nights, weekends, or holidays on an as-needed basis
To work alone a high percentage of the time
Conditions of employment may include successful completion of an entry-level test.
- Associate's Degree or higher in process technology or other petroleum industry degree
- 3 or more years of experience in the petroleum industry with emphasis in terminals
- One year of experience with the following:
- Allen-Bradley PLC's.
- Rosemount Transmitters.
- VCU (Vapor Combustor Unit)
- Knowledge of refined products and/or crude oil quality specifications
- Knowledge of mechanical and rotating equipment
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
Pipelines and Terminals
At December 31, 2015, our Transportation business managed over 18,000 miles of crude oil, natural gas, NGL and petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States, including those partially owned or operated by affiliates. We owned or operated 39 finished product terminals, 37 storage locations, 5 LPG terminals, 16 crude oil terminals and 1 petroleum coke exporting facility.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 28, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 37632
Location: United States - Texas - Amarillo
Job Field: Operations