Phillips 66 Demurrage Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Demurrage Analyst is responsible for the accurate and timely review, negotiation and settlement of demurrage claim activities associated with marine voyages, avoiding all time bars in filing or rebilling demurrage claims, while maintaining compliance with all Phillips 66 policies and values.
Primary Function / Responsibilities
- Evaluate Charter Party and Commercial Agreements to identify, analyze, negotiate and settle demurrage claims owed to Phillips 66 or filed against Phillips 66;
- Ensure all new claims are entered into system of record (IMOS) in a timely manner;
- Ensure documents for settled claims are archived into LiveLink in a timely manner;
- Maintain compliance with authority limits, SOX and all business controls;
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry representatives to create an environment of equitable resolution of demurrage issues.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new systems as required (IMOS, LiveLink, etc.).
- Quick learner with good communication and teamwork skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Maritime degree or experience in Commercial or Commercial Marine area.
- Good understanding of contracts, charter parties, and key laytime and demurrage provisions and the terminology associated with the petroleum industry, marine operations, terminal operations, and commercial commodities, for both ships and barges.
- Ability to effectively influence and negotiate prudent settlements.
- Good understanding of financial and economic principles.
- Strong analytical skills.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of Thursday, 27th July 2017.
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 38488
Location: Great Britain - London - London
Job Field: Marine