Phillips 66 Occupational Health Nurse - Sweeny Refinery in Sweeny, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Occupational Health Nurse provides direct patient care to company employees as well as administrative and clerical duties. These duties include review/assessment of medical documents to ensure compliance with Phillips 66 (P66) requirements pertaining to medical surveillance exams, employee absence management, and return-to-work and fitness-for-duty determinations. The Occupational Health Nurse performs nursing tasks related to physical examination requirements, employee illness/injury assessment, and preventive health services. Collaborate with other P66 providers or departments to facilitate employee or business unit needs while maintaining confidentiality of protected health information.
Responsibilities may include :
- Perform the nursing component of Medical Surveillance exams for Sweeny Refinery employees including vitals, vision, audiograms, spirometry, and collection of blood and urine specimens
- Provide nursing care to employees with work-related injuries and employees presenting to Health Services for minor, acute health issues, which may include the following tasks: Nursing assessments, vital signs, dispensing over-the-counter medications stocked in the clinic, performing injections, immunizations, patient education and medication reconciliation
- Review medical surveillance and pre-placement examination documents submitted by external healthcare providers for completeness and compliance with Phillips 66’s Medical Standards, which may include the following: History and physical exam forms, audiometric and pulmonary function testing reports, physical agility test results and any other records pertaining to the patient; communication with the employee/candidate, healthcare providers and the Data Team
- Case management of medical absences consisting of the review of Employee Health Reports, communication with employees and health care providers and documenting this information in the occupational health software program
- Work under the direction of Occupational Health Mid-Level or Physician
- Perform company and governmental mandated drug and alcohol testing
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Current State of Texas Vocational Nurse License or Registered Nurse License
- 1 or more years of clinical nursing experience
- Flexibility in work availability (this could pertain both to the days of the week worked and/or the number of hours worked on a given day)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- 3 or more years of occupational health nursing experience
- Certifications in audiometric testing (CAOHC approved), spirometry testing, Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Prior case management experience including a thorough understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Ability to work well with employees and job candidates in potentially difficult and sensitive situations
- Critical thinking skills
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
The Sweeny Refinery is located 65 miles southwest of Houston. This refinery processes mainly heavy, high-sulfur crude oil, as well as light, low-sulfur crude oil.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners , the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston , the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of July 27, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 38461
Department: Sweeny Refinery
Location: United States - Texas - Sweeny
Job Field: Human Resources